No, we don’t mean that, very much like your keys, you misplace your child regularly and need to find him/her. Rather, during the first few months, it can be a little overwhelming to deal with all these new responsibilities — and there is ways to help you keep track of what to do next.
You are meant to feed them every three hours, keep a close eye on how much milk they have had, how many nappies they have blessed you with and a ton of other things. Every parent’s first instinct is to grab a piece of paper and note it down.
Problems with paper:
- paper gets lost
- you forget to write it down
- it gets illegible and quickly run out of time
- you can’t easily see the overall picture
- you can’t share it with the other parent
and the list continues.
There is an app for that! (I realise that this is the second post about apps in a short-while, promise, I will do something different next!). Check out: Baby Tracker – Feed, Nappy Log.
Baby Tracker – Feed (Breastfeeding), Nappy and Sleep Logger makes it simple to track all of your child’s important information for doctors and caregivers, as well as share all the exciting milestones of his or her development with friends and family. Perhaps most importantly, Baby Tracker – Feed (Breastfeeding), Nappy and Sleep Log handles all the details so you never have to take significant time away from the joys of parenting.
- Start and stop breastfeeding timer with one tap for convenience and accuracy
- Settings for nursing, formula, solids, or any combination
- Tracks time breastfeed per breast and total for full nursing session using breastfeed timer
- Tracks pumping totals as well as breastfeeding
- Notes section allows you to enter details on formula brand, preferences, or allergic response
Nappy Change Tracker
- Summary screen shows time of last nappy changing, along with feedings, and sleep schedule
- Accurate nappy change records mean faster response time for concerns like dehydration, constipation, or diarrhea.
- Easily share documentation on bowel habits from nappy change records with doctors or caregivers
Know exactly the date that your baby starts sleeping through the night
Recognize nap time and nighttime sleep patterns to better plan your day or share with caregivers
Compare against other data to more easily track down potential causes for baby’s fussiness
Set alarms for putting baby down or to create more structured nighttime feeding sessions
- Enter measurement data and compare against World Health Organization averages
- See baby’s progress and growth over weeks, months, and years
- Look at logs to compare them for a more comprehensive overview of your baby’s health and wellbeing.
- Adjust growth chart for premature baby
- Make custom categories for baby’s first smile, first tooth, or first step
- Snap a picture on the spot, or add one from your existing library
- Use photos for a gallery-style album of baby’s goals and achievements
- Create an entry with a quick tap, or include journal notes for more detail
- Log medical history such as medications, vaccine shots, and temperature checks
- View logged data by day, week, or month
- Shows previous 7 days and previous 30 days
- Quickly identify data patterns, habitual trends, or abnormalities
- Export data via email as a HTML
Log Data Sync
- Sync data among multiple devices for all caregivers or easy sharing of your baby’s progress with others
- Clone data to another device for a fast transfer that doesn’t eat up your data plan